A simple and brief definition of Time Management:
Ability to use one’s time effectively.
Why Managing your Time is Important?
• It allows you to accomplish more in a shorter period time.
• Managing your time effectively will improve other aspects of your life.
• For example, managing your work time will give you more time with your family and friends.
• Managing the time you spend on home chores on the weekend will give you more time to do the things that make you happy and fulfil you.
Identify and Evaluate where you are spending the majority of your time
Most of us complain that there are not enough hours in the day.
Truth is we all have the same number of hours in our day, 24hours.
Then why is it that some of us are able to accomplish so much in a day, yet some of us begin our day not knowing where to begin?
Unable to achieve tasks we set out to achieve can lead to frustration and stress, resulting in poor health, relationship problems, poor work performance, poor quality sleep, the list goes on.
How do you find more time?
• The answer to that question is, you can’t find more time.
• We all have the same 24 hours in a day.
The question to ask is:
“ How do I Manage my Time so I can have a more productive day/week?”
• Being aware that something needs to change is a great start.
• Doing the same thing time after time will only give you the same result.
It is time to start planning and utilising your time effectively.
1.Write a list of all the things you want to accomplish today
2. From that list create a NOT TO DO LIST crossing out what is not important. You may think everything on that list is important. Prioritise.
What can wait till tomorrow or the day after?
3. Continue the exercise until you have a realistic and achievable to do list.
“REPETITION AND COMMITMENT IS THE KEY. 90 DAY PLANNING, MONTHLY PLANNING,WEEKLY PLANNING. IT WILL SOON BECOME A HABIT”
A short video from Charles Sturt University.
Students talk about The importance of Time Management
I trust you enjoy the article. Please feel free to share.
Mob: 0421 944 962